It was a sunny spring day in the great PNW (Pacific Northwest). Our adventure to Multnomah Falls, OR was about to begin. We had stayed the night in a lovely hotel near by to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Getting away at least once a year in the crazy first years of marriage was always one of our priorities. We never went far or for long but just far enough away and long enough to refill our relationship bucket. So that year we decided to go to Oregon, a short 3 hr drive for us. As we contemplated things to do the next day we were encouraged to explore Multnomah Falls. It wasn’t very far from where we were and it sounded just perfect.
The falls are just a 30 min drive from Portland. They cascade down from a drop of 611 feet. The water is icy cold. The whole experience is powerful as well as enchanting.
To create the perfect Multnomah Falls day here are a few suggestions:
- The falls are spectacular during all 4 seasons, but it is a cooler climate at the falls. During the summer bring a light jacket or sweater, in the winter bring a coat.
- Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.
- During the summer months vendors offer quick snacks, but otherwise you can bring in your own
- Treat yourself to a wonderful PNW meal at the historic Multnomah Falls Lodge restaurant.
- You can get a few more ideas by exploring HERE
A perfect day at the falls for us included a mellow drive, a leisurely pace up the trail, lot’s of stops for pics and yummy food at the restaurant which included more fantastic views.
A perfect day anywhere is being with your loved ones and sharing the memories later. One place we like to make memories is while visiting the Vidanta resorts in Mexico. Soon we’ll be able to travel the world again so start planning your next trip now! We would love to share our incredible resort with you and your family. Click HERE to get started!